Kentucky Fried Chicken Forum Index Kentucky Fried Chicken

The Colonel's Kitchen!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KFC JAPAN Denies Revealing the O.R!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kentucky Fried Chicken Forum Index -> OPERATION '11 HERBS & SPICES' - Breaking the O.R. Code...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ads

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Ads

buzzawak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Colonel and Yes Chook Cook I have read your post on memory recall. If you ask me wot O.R tasted like I couldn't tell you, it has been to long but I will know the real thing if I ever taste it again. I think this is how most O.R chicken lovers feel.

p.s it is Colonel Harland David Sanders birthday today.

Last edited by buzzawak on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ken_Griffiths

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stringbean wrote:
Honestly to me this just tells me that the picture they have on the KFC japan website is nothing more than fiction...if they are telling TC that they would never release the list......then the picture is nothing more than mis-direction....which is WHY many say the same of the vials.....If KFC japan is misdirecting with the photo....then you can argue the same for the vials.

Ken,

CHS used to say 11 secret spices and Herbs....I would not rule word play out either...lol

String,

Having lowered my ears and put my tail between my legs for the whipping I got from TC (which I probably deserved for the fantasy thoughts about 11 spices), I should point out that there is a bit of a difference between the Japanese photographs being disclosed compared to the vials, in so much that it appears that the vials were originally kept under lock and key for at least 5 years and were not originally for public viewing... and as TC says, they were used internally at management meetings and then only briefly shown to the public for a short spell, before they were then placed back under lock and key in the new vault which is currently guarded 24/7.

If the corporation wanted us, (the public), to take in that they were false, I do not think they would have waited 5 years after they were apparently made and I think we would have seen them again, like today for example as its 125 years since The Colonel's birth... Yet I haven't heard of any plans to show them to the public or press.

I think the corporation were astounded by what people discovered from the brief glimpse of the contents of the 11 glass tubes in 1990 and therefore may never show them to a camera lens again... Certainly not with the high quality, high definition, cameras that are around these days.

Whereas the Japanese photos are always on display and are everywhere on their website. They even contain slightly different ingredients and to me that's quite a huge difference to the way the vials were briefly disclosed in the U.S.

Anyhow, I'm now back to earth with my feet on the ground with the colonel's number 11 in total, my ears are now up and my tail is waggin' .. and I am convinced there are still some exciting times ahead on this forum.

I'm sure some new developments are 'a paw' ...er .. I mean 'afoot'. ha ha

Ken
The Colonel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken!

I didn't give you a whippin' mate! Sorry if it came out that way... I honestly thought you were having a laff! Smile

You know... A laugh, tinged with a bit of thinking "outside the square"... No harm in that, my friend. Wink

Keep up the great work. I LOVE reading everyone's posts and contributions... Even the "controversial" stuff; it expands the mind.

TC

Ken_Griffiths

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC,

I'm sure you know me well enough to know I don't take anything too seriously. My heart is a swingin' brick and my skin is thick, like one of them horrible crock's that you have over there in 0z land. Just to reassure you no offence was taken by anything you said and my response was completely in jest.

I reckon though The Colonel had access to all the herbs and spices that we (as TCK members) use, in each of our different recipes and I sometimes wonder why he stopped at, or found, the perfect combination with just 11. Why not 12 or 13 etc.

His search seems to have taken him (on his own) almost 10 years to perfect and yet it is taking us all far longer than that, particularly if you take each members own research and add the years and months together consecutively, rather than concurrently.

There must be something quite 'special' that the colonel stumbled upon in his own research and we really need to find exactly what that was.

I think Mr Sanders had a major breakthrough of some sort, at some stage, that put him 'on track' to discovering that universal taste and smell. I just wish we could figure out what that was, I'm sure the answer is here on the TCK forum, or out there on the net somewhere.

Like smallgree said yesterday in his thread, we perhaps need to read between the lines to find some of the answers.

On a separate note, I don't agree with what Chook Cook says though, that if we were to 'stumble' onto the true original recipe that the KFC corporation would shut down the TCK forum ... That would just draw attention and adverse publicity.

Yum! will only ever close this forum, if we're able to show 'the proof' behind the recipe, such as a copy of the original recipe from the fading 'yellow' note that is held in the secure vault in Kentucky, or perhaps an old diary that belonged to The Colonel etc.

If we can't prove the recipe, the corporation, I believe, would choose to ignore this site, in the same way they ignore all the other 'copycat' recipes that are on YouTube and other websites. That would be the sensible thing to do on behalf of the shareholders.

Ken
The Chook Cook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken_Griffiths wrote:

On a separate note, I don't agree with what Chook Cook says though, that if we were to 'stumble' onto the true original recipe that the KFC corporation would shut down the TCK forum ... That would just draw attention and adverse publicity.
[/b]

Ferrari does just that, they are well know in the kit car circles for having forums and companies closed down and having Ebay listings deleted because people are making replicas of their vehicles, so I would say KFCHQ would do the same if someone had their recipe 100% correct. Think about it, someone has the recipe correct and it started spreading over the www like wild fire and fast food vendors started making the O.R and selling it cheaper then KFC, KFCHQ would need to go in to damage control and stop the recipe being known.

Been cooking for over 38 years, I know what I am talking about!
The Colonel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

As promised, I have posted a followup email from KFC Japan to the ORIGINAL post at the top of this thread... I, as well as a few others wanted further clarification on this issue.

Personally, I think they came through in spades. Wink It is brief and concise, and in my opinion only ADDS to the intrigue!

*sigh...

TC (Always honest and as upfront as I can be!)

The Chook Cook

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting reply ... So TV-Asahi said the KFC President stated, and KFCJapan said the ones making the show stated ... Mind boggles!

Been cooking for over 38 years, I know what I am talking about!
Ken_Griffiths

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TC,

It appears from your update that the Japanese game show suggested the ingredients and tried to confirm (or negate) those, by putting questions to the Japanese KFC CEO whilst he was attached to a lie detector. Something that KFC would have had to agree to.

Clearly it is an 'entertainment' TV show and probably with an element of being a 'publicity stunt' for KFC.. But I'm sure some Japanese viewers may take it seriously whilst others see it as 'tongue in cheek' stuff. I'm sure not everyone in Japan is gullible enough to believe there is any real truth in this TV show.

The KFC CEO confirms the 8 ingredients via the lie detector machine (which may, or may not be real), but then in a dramatic way, he refuses to answer anything about the last three items nutmeg, fennel and onion flakes or whatever the last three were?... It just is so obvious that this would have been a publicity stunt to benefit KFC and the TV channel.

The Asahi TV channel then do (or try to do) a follow up TV show with the CEO or other KFC representative, which ties-in with the web page translation that I posted earlier under smallgree's thread. It's not clear if that follow-up show ever happened. I assume the original show was a great success and caused a lot of publicity.

Surely even if the show were true, I still do not believe the Japanese CEO would know the complete recipe for Blend S... Albeit he would be able to give it a good guess the same as any long standing member of this forum would be able to do the same thing. But then again we don't know whether all the events in the show were carefully staged for everyone's benefit and to cause a public stir.

I thought only two people in the corporation anyway are supposed to know the real recipe and that they travel on separate planes etc.

So my questions here are... Would the Japanese KFC CEO or President know the real and entire recipe in the first place? ... I don't think he would.

My second question is ... 'Isn't it most likely this was a 'staged' TV show, that it was nothing more than a publicity stunt for KFC-J, but aired in such a way to make it believable to some 'gullible' members of the public and in truth was highly likely nothing more than TV entertainment.

Also I'm reasonably sure that with the 'lie detector' show, there would have been some signed agreements and contracts thrashed out behind the scenes beforehand to make this TV show entertaining and a publicity stunt whilst presenting a serious 'lie detector' side to things to make it believable to some 'gullible' members of the Japanese public.
To me it stinks of being a publicity stunt and that is why the worlds media have let this slip through their hands and the reason why KFC in the U.S. have done nothing about it, other than to probably applaud all the publicity it got in Japan.

I'm pretty sure that many members of the UK public would believe such TV shows too, we have the Jeremy Kyle show and that's full of 'believed BS' too ... We tend to call it 'trash TV' and the airwaves via satellite are full of the rubbish.

You can't beat the good 'old fashioned' BBC. It still has extremely high standards and it sacks people who try to mislead the public. I doubt you would see this kind of TV show on any of its channels... and still no adverts either.

Well that's my thinking behind all this.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kentucky Fried Chicken Forum Index -> OPERATION '11 HERBS & SPICES' - Breaking the O.R. Code... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: